Buy and Sell HTML, WordPress, and PSD Templates
Welcome
Create Account

WordPress Text Message

Home Forums WordPress WordPress Text Message

This topic contains 40 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TheAbercrombie 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Total Bounty
    Key Master

Using our WordPress Text Message plugin from the official repository? Here’s where to make suggestions and talk about it!

December 23, 2011 at 9:17 am #419

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@Stat1124 and @jonny771 – we just released version 2.04 of WordPress Text Message addressing your issues. We fixed the image upload issue, the issue of texts for updated posts not having the URL of the post (and the root domain instead), and we recoded how outgoing emails are sent out to try and fix the “from” email issue for most people.

Please try it out and let us know how we did!

December 27, 2011 at 7:08 am #501

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@Michael: not sure what you mean. Just use your email (or an admin email) as the “from” field.

Generally the plugin works out of the box. It sends email from your WP website to the SMS carrier for the subscribers cell phone. email to SMS is low priority for some cell providers – delivery is not guaranteed, especially if the email being sent from your website is seen by the SMS gateway as spam (and we have no control over that).

December 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm #525

Total Bounty
    Key Master

we’ll have the developer take a look at it. In the meantime can you deactivate all your plugins and tell us if you still have the issue?

Could you explain “push notifications”?

December 28, 2011 at 4:03 am #530

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@jonnyj771 – must be something with godaddy – I don’t know. Are all the WP installs you’ve tried it on hosted at Godaddy?

You can’t add more cell providers (without changing the code). And if you change the code either you will miss valuable updates, or your updates will get wiped out on next revision.

The questions are:

1. What cell providers do you want to add and would they benefit everyone?

2. Would it be worth looking into making the cell providers editable (add, edit, remove) for those that know the gateways of the providers that work for them?

At least in the of #2 this would make the plugin usable for people in other countries (if they know the gateways).

January 5, 2012 at 6:20 am #618

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@Ernieshooter – I don’t know if it will help your godaddy problem or not, but WordPress text message 2.06 was just released. Try it out and see if you still have that issue: http://www.totalbounty.com/613/wordpress-text-message-2-06-released/

@Big Dog: We tested outgoing SMS again today and couldn’t replicate your issue, the plugin is not coded to send out excerpts at all. We’re not sure if that’s an issue on your WP version / install or what. Please try the latest version and report back. Thanks!

January 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm #699

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@Ernieshooter – sorry to hear that. Presently we’re not modifying the plugin to fix lower level plugin conflicts. In the future we’ll see what we can do about this.

@cdberkman: WordPress cron is not the same as Unix cron. With a UNIX cron job, the operating system uses the cron job (that you’ve scheduled) to do something at a specific time and date.

WordPress cron allows you to schedule things at a specific time / date / interval – but it gets triggered in the background (at that time and date) when a WordPress page is called.

In other words – let’s say you have a plugin scheduled to do something “in 20 minutes”, but you don’t get a lot of traffic to your website, and the next time you get a page hit is in 30 minutes. The WordPress cron will run 10 minutes late.

So the reason the WordPress text message plugin would send out SMS messages immediately, or in 5, 10, or 20 minutes depends on how busy your site is.

January 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm #746

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@ovidus – haven’t seen this problem. try deactivating all your plugins and see if it persists

@TBU – we have tested on Hostgator and don’t have that problem, don’t know why that would be. Some servers the mail that goes out the reply field is what the server wants to make it (regardless of the plugin settings) – not much we can do about that (your mileage may vary).

February 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm #780

lpgalady
    Key Master

Hi everyone – I have been using this plugin for about a year on a site and was just informed by the organization that the widget disappeared off the page – so I went in and put it back on the sidebar – however it is not showing up now. Everything is and has been updated all along. Any ideas? it was on the right side below the scrolling news items
    http://www.looneyslaxclub.com/

March 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm #831

coachshaw
    Key Master

@TBU – I am having the same issue with my Bluehost. Did you find an answer? or change the coding?

March 10, 2012 at 5:46 am #849

zayramo
    Key Master

Hi… my att wireless subscribers dont received my text messages. How can i fix it?
    thanks
    zayra

March 13, 2012 at 6:49 pm #850

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@everyone – try the latest 2.08 updated version of the plugin

March 14, 2012 at 4:51 am #854

zayramo
    Key Master

sorry, but i have the last version and doesnt work for people who are with att (wireless).

March 14, 2012 at 7:12 am #855

Total Bounty
    Key Master

@zayramo – try checking what is listed in the plugin for AT&T’s SMS gateway by default against whatever it is online. If you need to update it you can (we provide the ability in the plugin). If the gateway is right, then for some reason AT&T is blocking your site/IP/webhost from sending SMS texts through their email gateway from your website.

March 14, 2012 at 10:31 am #856

col
    Key Master

Hi, just installed this on my community website but would need to give editors (for individual clubs) to send to their members (groups). Also would like to use this on a school website but, as above, would need for individual teachers (with editor privelidges) to be able to send to their class’s parents only – not the whole school. Functioality would be similar to the ‘Email Users’ plugin. Any chance of this facility being added.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

secure
Please login using the form above in the header or Register to make this action
secure